ISO 45001:2018 Internal Auditor
October 16 - October 17| $795
SRI has organized this training class to provide information that will assist your organization in planning and implementing an internal audit program as an important tool for your occupational health and safety (OH&S) management system that meets the requirements of the new ISO 45001:2018 standard. The existing OHSAS 18001:2007 standard will now be replaced with this new international ISO standard. This 2-day class is designed to assist students in gaining a greater understanding of the ISO 45001:2018 standard and using that knowledge to implement an important tool for providing OH&S performance evaluation to management, leading to continual improvement. The course is based on guidance from ISO 19011: Guidelines for Auditing Management Systems which is the basis for all ISO system auditing. The course is designed for individuals who are starting their ISO 45001 and internal audit journey as it presents basic information and scenarios as learning tools. The course is fast paced with considerable student interaction required for success. The class is divided into audit teams which are expected to cooperate in learning ISO requirements and auditing concepts and then using that knowledge in addressing audit problems presented in increasingly demanding scenarios. The class includes many workshop/scenario exercises. The class is updated on a regular basis to reflect the latest guidelines for auditing from the ISO accreditation bodies. This standard addresses changes from OHSAS 18001 and new requirements, including auditing for risk and risk management. While designed for beginners to the subject, many former students return to refresh their skills and catch up on the latest auditing approaches.
Who Should Attend?
This course is primarily designed for OH&S facilitators, Process Managers and personnel who want to advance their knowledge of the standard and internal auditing.
Attendees are required to have read and are familiar with the ISO 45001:2018 standard
Attendees will be provided with a binder of presentation material. Attendees are required to bring their own copy of the ISO 45001:2018 standard. Standards will be available for purchase during the registration process.
Completion of the class will provide attendees with insight and understanding of the following topics:
- ISO 45001 and OHSAS 18001 in the world and the U.S.
- ISO 9000 definitions of Systems and Requirements used in all ISO standards
- Deming’s Plan-Do-Check-Act (PDCA) model and how it relates to the new ISO 45001
- Fundamentals of Internal Auditing defined by ISO 19011
- Internal audit roles and responsibilities
- Internal auditing to the Process Approach
- How to write a nonconformity
- Nonconformance versus noncompliance
- Methods for ensuring good corrective actions
- A working understanding of auditing tools and techniques
- How to understand audit criteria
- How to develop audit evidence
- How to assess audit evidence
- How to reach an audit finding
- How to write a finding including a nonconformity
- How to explain the reasoning behind a finding
- How to conduct an audit interview
- Audit planning and preparation
- Audit roles and responsibilities
- The audit cycle and documenting the audit trail
- Process auditing
- Auditing and risk management
- A basic understanding of ISO 45001:2018 requirements